Volunteers of America’s Veterans & Families FIRST program helps and supports low-income veterans who are homeless, at risk of homelessness and/or need help transitioning to permanent housing. The new program aims to prevent homelessness and ensure housing stability among our community’s veterans and their families.
We can help you. Ongoing individual and family support:
- Housing counseling
- Personal financial planning
- Healthcare referrals
- Help with childcare
- Legal aid
- Daily living needs
In addition, Volunteers of America's Veterans & Families FIRST provides temporary financial assistance.
Am I eligible? You must meet the following criteria:
- Be a veteran or a member of a family in which the head of the household or his/her spouse is a veteran.
- The veteran must have a discharge other than dishonorable.
- Have an income that is below 50% of the area’s median income.
- Be in permanent housing or scheduled to move into permanent housing within 90 days.
Need help? We're here for our heroes.
To make a referral or general program inquiry, please email full name, organization (if applicable), best phone contact, and information requested to one of the locations below.
4415 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44103
567 West Broad Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
2621 Dryden Road, Suite 200
Dayton, OH 45439
Funding for this program is provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Supportive Services for Veteran Families grant.
This program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).