Top 5 reasons to donate your car in Cincinnati
Save money and lives when you donate your unwanted vehicle.
Donating your car in Cincinnati couldn’t be easier or more rewarding. That’s because besides making space in your garage, saving money on repairs, avoiding the trouble of selling your car and even getting a deduction on your tax return, your auto donation also supports those in need. Keep reading to find out the top five reasons to donate your car, truck, motorcycle, boat or RV to Volunteers of America of Greater Ohio.
- Make space in your garage. We know the story; that old boat or car just sits in the garage or driveway taking up space. You say you’ll get around to selling it someday, but never do. Let us help you finally clear out that old clunker today. Don’t forget about our free pick up. Volunteers of America takes care of all the work for you when you donate your car in Ohio. All you have to do is pick up the phone or fill out our online form.
- Save on expensive repairs. Let’s face it, fixing up that broken down RV, motorcycle or car can be pricey. Between the cost of parts and labor and the value of your own time, finally making those long overdo repairs is a high-priced endeavor. Why not donate your car in Cincinnati instead?
- Avoid the hassle of selling your car yourself. Between posting (and paying for) an advertisement, detailing your vehicle and taking the time to meet with prospective buyers, selling your car is hugely time consuming. Let us do all the work when you choose Cincinnati car donation.
- Receive a deduction on your IRS tax return. Did you know that you could receive more for your car as a charitable donation than you might selling it yourself? For low-value donations, you can claim the fair market value up to $500. If Volunteers of America sells your car at auction for over $500, you’re entitled to claim the full sale price of your vehicle.
- Help Ohio veterans in need. Perhaps the best reason to donate your vehicle in Cincinnati is the benefit to others. When you give a gift to Volunteers of America, 100-percent of the proceeds fund our essential programs and services, like Emergency Housing for Veterans and Employment and Job Training.
For more information on Cincinnati car donation, check out our FAQ page or give us a call at 440-232-9300.