Five tips for donating your car in Ohio
Learn how quick and easy it is to donate your vehicle.
If you’re looking to get rid of that old clunker in the garage, why not donate your vehicle to Volunteers of America of Greater Ohio? We’ll accept practically anything with a motor, from boats and RVs to motorcycles and SUVs, even if it’s been out of commission for years.
Why should you donate your automobile in Cincinnati, Columbus or Cleveland? First, you’re helping maintain the life-changing programs and services Volunteers of America provides its clients, like transitional housing, homeless outreach and our Youth Education Center. Not to mention, you could receive more money for your donation as a charitable contribution on your tax return that you would selling it on your own.
Donating your unwanted car is simple. Take a look at these quick tips to see how to make the process as seamless as possible.
- Fill out our short online form or call (800) 862-6030 to schedule pick-up of your vehicle immediately.
- Take advantage of our free same-day towing service.
- Calculate the value of your vehicle if you plan to claim a tax deduction. Finding the Kelly Blue Book value of your vehicle can give you a good idea of its general value.
- Find the correct IRS form. For low value vehicle donations, you may claim the fair market value up to $500.00 with nothing more than the receipt you will receive in the mail as proof of a charitable contribution. If Volunteers of America sells your auto at auction for over $500, you are entitled to the sale price of your vehicle and you will need to fill out an IRS form 8283.
- Locate the clear title of your vehicle. You’ll need to have it on hand when you drop off your vehicle or we arrive to tow it away. If you have lost the title, we can even help you obtain a duplicate.
If you have more questions about donating your vehicle in Ohio, check out our Car Donation FAQs. There are no limits to caring and changing a life has never been easier. Why wait?