Debbie's Thrift Guide
Tips and Tricks to Being the Best Thrifter Ever
Look your best and find the clothes you need for any life event at the thrift store.
See how these Ohio thrift bloggers find their treasures!
Shop on a budget while maintaining your style at any of our Ohio thrift stores.
Whether you're new to the magic of thrifting or a seasoned vet, like me, here's a look at what you can expect at Volunteers of America thrift stores.
- Thrift Stores: Stores that sell donated and gently used items.
- Thrifters: The folks that seek out thrift stores for economical shopping. They may be on the hunt for vintage items or shopping for their homes and families.
- Thrifting: The shopping for, and donating of items at the thrift stores.
- Betters: Designer items for sale in thrift stores. Yes, you can find your Sunday Best at the thrift store.
- Bricky: All that other stuff, that isn't clothing. Picture frames, glassware, pots and pans, etc. (Like #3 on this list.)
- Half-Price Tuesday: (My favorite day!) The last Tuesday of every month, all thrift items are 50% off. I know, a total steal, right? Check out how these people turned a steal into a payday of their own!
A FEW FUN FACTS:
- 100% of all proceeds support programs to help those in need.
- About 3,000-4,000 new items are added to the sales floor each day.
- 80% of the merchandise on the sales floor is $1.99 or less. (Imagine the damage you could do on Half-Price Tuesday!)
- No item is on the sales floor for longer than 6 weeks.
What items can I donate? Check out the Donation page.