In Cleveland, backpacks are collected and given to our community partners.
Become a sponsor of Operation Backpack.
For more details on becoming a Sponsor, please contact:
Becky Carlino – email@example.com
How to Donate a Backpack
- Download the supply list.
- Go to the store to get a new backpack and school supplies.
- Fill the backpack!
- Checkmark the supplies on the list that are in the bag (Please leave missing items blank.)
- Fill out your contact information and place the list inside your backpack.
- Locate your nearest drop location (below) to donate.
- Don't forget to post a photo and encourage others to get involved!
If you would like to also organize your own donation drive at your company, club, camp, school, or place of worship, let us know! Visit the Organize a Drive page to learn more.
Use #OpBackpackOH for all of your social media posts!
Questions? Email OperationBackpack@voago.org.
2015 Operation Backpack® Community Partners
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Project ACT
- Cleveland Kids in Need Resource Center
- Parma Area Family Collaborative
Media Partner: CBS 19 Action News
Thank you to the following companies also conducting collections:
- Invacare Corporation
- Invensys Systems, Inc.
- Medical Mutual
- Reliability First
- Spooner Medical Administrators, Inc.
Backpack Drop Locations
To make sure we can get the backpacks and supplies to kids in time for school, all donations must be dropped-off by Friday, August 8, 2016.
All of our Thrift Stores.