Donate Your Car FAQ
Donating your automobile to Volunteers of America of Greater Ohio in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus and the surrounding counties should be quick and hassle-free. Here’s a list of Frequently Asked Questions to get you started:
- How can I donate?
There are three simple ways to donate.
- Fill out our online form
- Bring notarized, clear title along with your name and daytime phone number to 5640 W. Broad St. Columbus, Ohio 43228.
- Mail your notarized, clear title to 5640 West Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio, 43228.
- What type of vehicles do you accept as donations?
We accept most cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles and RV’s–almost anything with a motor. If you have any questions about what you can donate, please call us at (800) 862-6030 or submit the online form and we will contact you.
- What paperwork do I need to donate my vehicle?
We will need the title to the vehicle.
- Can I donate a vehicle if I don’t have a title or if it’s not in my name?
No, we do need a title in your name to accept the donation. If you have lost the vehicle’s title, we can assist you with obtaining a duplicate title.
- My car hasn’t run in years. Can I still donate it?
Yes, we will accept most vehicles whether they run or not.
- How long does the car donation process take?
The process is almost immediate. Please call 800-832-6030 and our customer service representatives will take the information needed for the donation and schedule the pickup of your vehicle. We have convenient pickup times to work with your schedule. We can even pick up the same day if necessary. Interested donors can call before 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and before 11 a.m. on Saturday to take advantage of this service.
- Is my vehicle donation tax-deductible? If so, for how much?
Yes, you may take the fair market value up to $500 or the selling price. If you would like more information about this, please call 1-800-862-6030 or visit the Internal Revenue Service at www.IRS.gov.
- What documentation will I receive verifying my donation?
We will mail you an official receipt acknowledging your charitable contribution and a copy of the title. Once your vehicle sells, we will send you the necessary paperwork for tax purposes.
- Where does the money from my donation go?
All auction proceeds benefit Volunteers of America and our programs and services like sheltering the homeless, job training and veterans’ programs in Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland and 75 surrounding Ohio counties.